Just a few notes on this site’s privacy policies:
- You’re required to leave your email address when sending an email or posting a comment. This email is only used to notify you if I post a reply to your comment. Neither your email, nor any other email address used in this blog’s comments, will ever be sold or given away to any third-party without your express written individual permission.
- This site uses third-party advertising companies (e.g. Google) to serve ads when you visit this Web site. Those companies may use a cookie to anonymously track visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- This site leaves a small cookie in your browser that anonymously tracks the number of times you visit the site over a two-week period. This is sometimes used to modify the content you see, e.g. reducing the number of ads shown if you’re a regular visitor.
- Anonymous visitation and browsing statistics are collected by three different services: Google Analytics, Sitemeter, and Quantcast. They also may leave cookies on your browser to anonymously track things like whether you’re a new or return visitor, and how long it’s been since your last visit.
- To disable cookie-based tracking, check your browser’s help file to find out how to delete and/or disable cookies for a website or service. You can also visit the Google Privacy Center to opt out of Google’s interest-based advertising program.
- AndroGeoid is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://androgeoid.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.